- Let's protect the art of music...Warning:
Don't Spoil the Jam!
- He who forgets will be destined to remember.
- No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime
ahead. Eddie Vedder
- People seem to have given up on the
idea that rock & roll can save the world. I still believe in rock
& roll - that it is a healing force and has a social conscience.
- It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who
- Kurt Cobain quite simply saved rock music. Without him we would all be listening to packaged junk rather than his legacy of
creative and social music.
Pete M., Nirvana fan
- Apart from their music, which I think will live as long as there are ears attuned to hear it, and their live shows, which were titanic, they exuded something rare: a near magical musical power that can unite people in ecstasy or anguish, but in any case unite them, and maybe, make their lives seem a little richer and more exciting, more filled with possibility, a little more worthy of living.
Kurt Loder on Nirvana
- Discourage Inbreeding...Ban Country Music!
- I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put
down.' Bob Newhart
- Everytime I see the Spice Girls, it makes me want to try to fly by climbing my roof and strapping bricks to my shoes.
- I think Who Let the Dogs Out is
better than all the songs Celine Dion has recorded put together.
- If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
- Baton Rouge happens to be the worst place
in the world to be a visiting team. It's like being inside a drum.
Coach Bear Bryant
- College football is never better than when
there's a good team in Tiger Stadium.
- Anybody who's honest and objective will
agree that there's no more exciting football event in the world than a game
at LSU at night. Nothing like it. Nothing in this whole, entire world.
Robert Khayat, former Ole Miss
player & chancellor
- The essence of the Yankees is that they win. From in front or from behind, they win. And that's why the history of the New York Yankees is virtually the history of
Dave Anderson, The New York Times
- I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a
- To play 18 years in Yankee Stadium is the best thing that could ever happen to a ballplayer.
- Very few people take your breath away, but that was the effect Mickey had. He was truly a great American
hero. Billy Crystal
- I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it.
- I never could stand losing. Second place didn't interest me.
- I'm like toilet paper, pampers, and toothpaste. I'm definitely proven to be
- The light's green moron!
- Everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.
- A lot of beautiful people are stupid. There's a tremendous amount of idiots who look so good. It's frightening.
- Life is hard. Life is harder if you're
- I think we should take Iraq and Iran and combine them into one country and call it Irate. All the pissed off people live in one place and get it over with.
- Work harder: People on welfare depend on you.
- If you get to be thirty-five and your job still involves wearing a name tag, you've probably made a serious vocational error.
- We are defined by the choices we make.
Tyler Durden, Fight Club
- If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
- I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with